Safe & Secure PaymentsPay with the world’s most trusted payment method PayPal or Bank Transfer
Interest-Free Layaway ServiceWeekly, biweekly or monthly payments over maximum a 6-month period
Worldwide DeliveryWe post items worldwide the following day of payments clearing, excluding weekends and UK holidays
Returns AcceptedReturns accepted in original item conditions with garment tags unremoved only
A very hard to get an extra large Hermes cashmere silk shawl in stunning Rose Vif!
- Title: Sous l'Egide de Mars
- Artist: Pierre Marie
- Colour: Rose Vif, Canard and Prune
- 65% Cashmere, 35% Silk
- Hand rolled all edges
- Made in France
The story behindAt the height of the Italian Renaissance, a major artistic school was born and spread throughout Europe. Known as Mannerism (c.1520-1620), the new style was characterised in particular by its close attention to ornament and detail. Magnificent works of decorative armour were a dazzling testimony to the Mannerist aesthetic of la bella maniera. Motifs often designed by often well-known painters, were recreated in metal, using a wide range of techniques – repoussé work, engraving, gilding, or damascening. One suit of armour might take an entire year to complete, and sometimes two. Here, our invisible but richly-armoured knight has taken the Twelve Labours of Hercules as his symbolic theme. The breastplate, shoulder- and kneepieces, shield and chamfrain are decorated with medallions recounting each episode. Created in association with the Musée de l’Armée in Paris, and inspired by princely armour of the French School, this carré – entitled Sous l’Egide de Mars (‘Under the Aegis of Mars’) – is a tribute to the museum’s exhibition of the same name, and the fine art of protecting oneself from the blows of enemies while impressing them with finery at the same time.
SIZE & FIT:
All measurements are done with the garment laid flat without stretch. If unsure, please contact us before purchase and we are happy to double check.
- Extra large: approximately 55 x 55 inches (140 x 140cm)
DeliveryDifferent delivery options available at checkout. We post items worldwide the following day of payments clearing, excluding weekends and UK holidays. Recipients outside the European Union are liable for all import duties, customs and local sale taxes levied by the country the parcel is shipped to. Please check with your tax office before purchase.
ReturnsReturns accepted in original item conditions with garment tags unremoved only.
Please notify us within 2 days of receipt. We will promptly process a refund in accordance with the policy below:
- Return items to be sent via a traceable and insured service.
- International returns: please mark Return for a Refund on postal packages
- Item mis-described, we sincerely apologise but we're only human. Return postage will be refunded in this instance only
We also offer interest-free layaway service at no extra cost:
- Down Payment: 10% of your purchase price or an agreed amount
- Payments: weekly, biweekly or monthly payments over maximum a 6-month period
- 😞 We cannot refund or transfer previous payments to other items if you are unable to complete the purchase
- 😞 If a buyer misses more than 2 payments without a prior agreement, we reserve the right to terminate the transaction